This weekend we went to East-Westphalia to visit my friends parents. They live on a very cozy old farm in the middle of the forest. Unfortunately it was raining the whole weekend, but since I like rain, me and my friend went out for a walk
Afterwards we made a very delicious curry to warm us up again. You’ll find the recipe below.
3-4 tbsp vegetable Oil
2 garlic cloves
1 thumb ginger
300-400 g of pumpkin or potatoes
200 g of fresh or frozen spinach
500ml of hot water
you can instead or additionally use any vegetables you want
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp pepper
3 tsp salt
2 tsp curry
2 tsp garam masala
(2 tsp nana mint) –> optional
1/2 tbsp curry paste
japanese soy sauce
fresh coriander and parsley
1 pckg chinese vermicelli
- chop all the vegetables best in advance
- let the onions simmer for about 5 minutes, be very careful that they don’t burn, otherwise your curry would be spoilt
- add the chopped ginger and garlic and fry for another 1-2 minutes
- fry all of the spices for 1 minute and also add the curry paste
- put the tomatoes in and stir until it’s a bit liquid
- now add all the vegetables and the hot or boiling water and let cook for about 30 minutes
- when you have about 10 minutes left to cook add a handful of the fresh herbs
- when it’s 5 minutes left, add the vermicelli and let them stay underneath the hot water
- Enjoy with a sip of soy sauce!
You can eat it with some yoghurt on the side.
Enjoy this food after a long stay in the nature.
The trees in that region are huge and red. We even found little mushrooms.
I really really liked the colours that had all those reddish tones.