So if you are looking for a fast late Christmas present, or just want to treat yourself, here it is:
- 100g of mustard seeds
- 50g of canesugar
- cinnamon, salt, pepper, curry, curcuma
- 4-5 dried figs
- a handful of raisins
- 8 tbsp of vinegar (balsamico or apple)
- 3 tbsp of apple juice or gin
- some cold water, if the mixture is not enough moist
- Grate the mustard seeds in a food processor (not all at once, depends on how strong your mixer is)
- Mix with the spices and the sugar.
- Now add the liquids and stir it all.
- Grate the figs and raisins in the processor until it’s a smooth mixture
- Mix all together and taste it.
- Add some water, if you feel it is too dry. Also add spices and/or sugar, if you don”t like the taste yet.
Now you can put it in small tins and decorate them. The mustard is very hot in my opinion, so you don’t need too much. It lasts about 1/2 a year in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy the Christmas time with your loved ones, and this mustard of course :).